For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title : The Summoning

Author : Kelley Armstrong
Rating : **** (4 out of 5 stars)

I've been slacking on posting my review on this blog. Sometimes with work, traffic, other activities and me catching up on my reading to finish the challenge that I have with my friend who lives in Denver, there is just not enough time left to concentrate on putting stuff in my blog. I've been meaning to learn to "beautify" this blog, but just haven't got enough time and energy to do it, so my first attempt at blogging will have to stay this way for the time being.

Anyway, as for the book review, I thought of posting a synopsis of the book for each review, so for those of you who haven't read the book, you can at least get an idea of what the book is about:

She sees dead people - and they see her.
Chloe Saunders used to have a pretty normal life. But that changed on the day she met her first ghost. Locked up in Lyle House, a group home for troubled teens, she finds out that there's more to the home's teen residents than meets the eye. Will Chloe be able to uncover the dangerous secrets of Lyle House... or will its skeletons come back to haunt her?

This is my first encounter of Kelley Armstrong's book and I gotta say that I really enjoyed this book. I picked this book up accidentally. I was travelling and have finished the book that I brought with me, on the second last leg of the journey home. So I went to a bookstore at Changi airport in Singapore during transit and stumbles upon this book which is the first in the series. All the others are at least the second, or the third in a series and I can't buy that to read on the plane home. So I picked up this one and it seems interesting enough, reminds me of the movie Sixth Sense with Haley Joel Osmond.

But I got hooked on this book from the start. It's interesting and fast paced. Chloe Saunders can see ghost but in normal society, she's considered as having some mental disease, which puts her in Lyle House, a sort of psychiatric hospital. She then encounters other teens with the same "problems" with her. As the story develops, Chloe began to find out more about her power.

I like this book because it's different and it brings a different topic, although still in the paranormal-supernatural genre, but at least I get a break from all the Vampire stories that's been clogging the bookshelf, both adult and young adult.

Leave a Reply