For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title : The Awakening

Author : Kelley Armstrong
Rating : **** (4 out of 5 stars)

You don't have to be alive to be awakened.
Chloe Saunders is a living science experiment - not only can she see ghosts, but she was genetically altered by a sinister organization called the Edison Group. She's a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control, which means she can raise the dead without even trying. Now Chloe's running for her life with three of her supernatural friends - a charming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch - and they have to find someone who can help them before the Edison Group catches them.

As soon as I finished the first book in this series, I immediately made a trip to the local bookstore, hoping that they still have a copy of this book and they do!! So I bought it straight away. I like the first book enough to got me running to the bookstore and get the second one.

The story of Chloe Saunders continues in the second book. She finds out that she not only can see and speak to the dead, but she can summon and wake them out from the dead. This book follows Chloe's adventure together with her three friends escaping from Lyle House to find relatives of one of her friend, who can help them.

The second book is as good and as fast paced as the first one. I enjoyed it as much. This book kept me up reading at night, just to get as much of the story as I can and because it's very difficult to put the book down :) I would definitely recommend this book.

Unfortunately I have as yet could get my hands on the third book. I don't really like hardcover edition, because not only it's expensive here, but it's also very heavy to be carried around everywhere. So I have to wait for the paperback edition to come out in the US in April 2011..

Leave a Reply