For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments


It was my birthday yesterday... Happy birthday to me..


And like all book addicts, I decided to splurge on more books to spoil myself on my birthday. As a member of the local bookstore in Jakarta, where I lived, I'm entitled to a 15% discount all items on my birthday. And my points have also qualified for a $25 voucher to spend as I like at the bookstore.

The bookstore sent me a text message in the morning, saying that my $25 voucher is ready to be picked up at the store... And I went happily to the store to pick up the voucher, armed with a list of books from the series that I'm following... And I managed to come out of the bookstore with 8 books in my hand!!! Awesome splurge.... On top of that, I recently placed an order on amazon.com for The Luxe boxed sets and it arrived on my doorstep 1 day before my birthday!! What a perfect timing..

So despite being $50 poorer, I'm a very happy book addict and have 11 more additions to my collection.. I guess I need a new bookshelf, with no more space to place the second bookshelf.. But I'm happy and it was a good splurge.. It feels to me as if the bookstore is giving me a birthday present in the form of a gift voucher...

Leave a Reply