For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title : Smoke and Shadows

Author : Tanya Huff
Date Read : 11 - 13 October 2010
Rating : *** (3 stars)

Finally finished this series. This is the third book in the series. A friend of mine lent me these books. The first one, Smoke and Shadows, was just okay. I've never read any of Tanya Huff's books, where the main character Tony Foster first appeared, so I'm not too connected with him yet, but I found that it was quite a light read, so I decided to continue to the second book.

The second book, Smoke and Mirrors, was better in my opinion. I get to know the main character, Tony Foster better. He's a production assistant at one of the Syndicated TV shows in Canada on vampires. He's gay and he has a crush with one of the actors in the show. The story is definitely more interesting with the second book.

And I figured, since I have finished the second book, I might as well read the third and last book in the series. And I was halfway through the book in just one day. It's a light read and full of action that will keep you reading until the middle of the night. In this third book, Tony Foster has been promoted to TAD (I think TAD stands for something Assistant Director..... haha) and he has the task to keep a stunt woman safe, because she holds the demon gate on her, where the demon will enter and take over the world if she dies. Then the adventure begins, where mysterious things started to happen again, which calls Tony's attention.

I finished this book in just 2.5 days, which is quite quick within my busy schedule. If you like stories on wizards and vampires and supernatural things with a bit of twisty humor, you would definitely find this book interesting and will enjoy it.

Leave a Reply