For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title : Serpent's Tooth

Author : Faye Kellerman
Date Read : 21 - 25 October 2010
Rating : ** (2 out of 5 stars)

This is my first book by Faye Kellerman, although I've read quite a few books by Jonathan Kellerman, her husband. However, I have to say that I didn't like her books as much as Jonathan's. Her writing was okay, but the plot was simple and predictable and I didn't particularly relate and connect to the main character, Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus. Part of that was because this is the 10th book in the series, but I didn't find myself liking the characters.

The book tells the story of Lieutenant Peter Decker from the LAPD's investigation into a mass shooting murders in an upscale restaurant, where it kills 13 people and left 32 wounded and left the shooter dead in a suicide shooting. However, there are developments in the case that leads to Lieutenant Decker's suspicion that there is a second shooter and he's determined to investigate a case that seems simple, but turns out complicated.

I enjoyed reading this book for the first few chapters and was thinking of giving it at least a 3 stars rating, but towards the middle part of the book, the story just gets boring and predictable and I can't wait for it to end. And I also found many references to Orthodox Jews, especially the words and rituals, which I don't understand at all, so that kind of takes the enjoyment out of the book as well.

However, the writing is quite fast paced, which makes this book a good book for holiday or a beach read. But I have to say that I'm not going to read any of Faye Kellerman's books at this stage, although I do have another one on my Owned-Not-Yet-Read shelf which I got only because it was on sale for $2, that I'm considering to donate unless someone else convince me that the other book is a much better one than this. I'm definitely not a fan of Faye Kellerman.


Leave a Reply