For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title : The Magician's Apprentice

Author : Trudi Canavan
Date Read : 14 - 19 October 2010
Pages : 770 pages
Rating : *** (3.5 stars)

I rarely read adult fantasy books these days because it takes a lot of concentration, which I don't usually have in my daily life. There are a lot of interruptions on my reading time. I find that to read fantasy books you really need to have full concentration, to be able to imagine the world, the character, down to the smallest details of the world, the magic and the buildings.

However, The Magicians Apprentice is quite light, but enough to make it interesting. It has the usual Good vs Evil scenario, Magics and a little bit of romance. The writing is enjoyable, making the story flows, which makes reading this book easy, despite its fantasy genre.

This book takes us to the world of Magicians in Imardin where there exists a young healers' daughter named Tessia, who aspire to be a healer, much like her father. But in Imardin, female healers are not common, which makes it hard for Tessia to become what she wants to be. Then suddenly she discovers that she has some magical ability and her world as she knows it changed and she then becomes a Magician's Apprentice and is included in the world of politics and magic and war.

This book is a stand alone book and is not part of a series, which I like. Sometimes fantasy series goes on for too long with too many characters and plots to remember that I loose interest.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to beginners of fantasy readers and just the general fantasy readers who likes a bit of light reading once in a while ;)

Leave a Reply