For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title : I Am The Messenger

Author : Markus Zusak
Ratings : ***** (5 stars)

I am The Messenger by Markus Zusak is one of the best books that I've read this year. Some people classified Zusak's work as young adult fiction, but I think this is more to adult fiction, as the story is sometimes too vulgar for young adult.

I was introduced to Markus Zusak from the forums that I've read on goodreads where people raved about The Book Thief, Zusak's other work. Then, one day I came across this book at the office cafetaria, so I decided to read this one first.

I managed to finish this book within 3 days. I was so engrossed in the story and I read it every chance I have.

Zusak's writing is beautiful and it makes the story flows and you won't want to put this book down (although it's not a thriller LoL).

I am The Messenger tells the story of Ed Kennedy, a young cab driver in the town of Sydney, who has a bad relationship with his mother and in love with one of his best friend. One day, he accidentally becomes a local hero for failing a bank robbery. The next day, he begins receiving the first Ace card in his mail with people's addresses on it.

This book is inspirational. It teaches you that you can do good to strangers and it doesn't have to be in the big scenario. Little things that you can do to help matters. In a way, this book reminds me of the movie Pay It Forward, with a similar lesson to learn.

This is the kind of book that you can read over and over again. I would definitely recommend reading this book. I'm looking forward to reading Markus Zusak's other work, The Book Thief, soon. And will keep the review posted on here.

Leave a Reply