For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title : The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

Author : Stieg Larsson
Ratings : *** (3 stars)

I have been putting off reading this book for as long as I can after reading the first and second books. The reason is because this is the final book in the Millenium series and also because there won't be anymore stories on Lisbeth Salander and Kalle Blomkvist.

But I really want to know what happens in the end, so I decided to read it before the year ends. Although this book provides a good finale to the series, I like the third book the least. It gets a bit too historical and political and gets away from the mystery and twists that I loved about the first and second book. It is also not as fast paced as the previous two, kind of boring in parts.

However, this trilogy is still one of the best books that I've read so far this year. The book is full of action, mystery and a little bit of romance between the main character. Lisbeth Salander is also a fascinating character. She's feisty, smart, with a bit of dark background. There are parts of the books in the trilogy that may be offending at times, but overall, I would definitely recommend this book to all you thriller lovers.

These three books in the series have been on the best seller lists in the New York Times. It's even on the top selling lists on most bookstores where I live, in Jakarta. It is such a pity that the author, Stieg Larsson died before his book was published and became a best seller.

I wish there are more stories on Lisbeth..

Leave a Reply