For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

In continuation to my previous blog on my birthday splurge yesterday, I just bought another book to add to the splurge. The 15% discount is valid for the 2 days after my birthday, so I thought better buy what I found now rather than buy them full price later. And what made me buy all those books was also that living in Jakarta - Indonesia, we don't have quite a full collection of English books that I can hunt for older published books. If it's there, it's there... and if you don't grab it now (even though I have a mountain of To-Be-Read books), you won't find it anymore, except for those books that are very popular that they keep ordering them and shelfing them.


So, in total, here's the new addition to my to-read list:
1. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia
This is the second book in the Caster chronicles. I own the first book, so I figure that I have
to get the second book and I've heard that it's even better than the first one
2. Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child
I've read one of Lee Child's books and completely enjoyed it. I thought it was one of the
books that keeps me reading until late at night, and I like the character Jack Reacher.
This book is part of the Jack Reacher series.
3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
This is the prequel series to the Mortal Instrument series, which I've heard so much about it
on Goodreads, and people have been waiting for this book to come out. I got this one quite
reasonably priced, so I bought it with the 15% discount..
4. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Another book by Rick Riordan. Many have also been waiting for this book to come out.
His Percy Jackson series is so popular, recommended by a lot of Goodreads member.
5. Burned by P.C. Cast
The seventh book in the House of Night series. My friend told me that once I start with the
first book, I would want to have the next book and the next after that ready because the
story is so good.
6. Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Now, this is another Vampire series that I read synopsis and review of in Goodreads and
other websites and I like it. So I decided to go for the whole series. I like stories on vampires
with Twilight being an exception.
7. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
Another book in the Vampire Academy series. I'm on a YA series roll..
8. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
Another book in the Vampire Academy series.. I'm excited to get the whole series..
9. Frostbite by Richelle Mead
The second book I think in the Vampire Academy series.
10. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
What interested me to buy this series is the cover of the book. I know, I shouldn't judge the
book by its cover, but still, the cover of this book is so nice, love the dress.. And I checked
out Amazon has a better deal on this book, the first 3 book in a package, so I got it.
11. Rumours by Anna Godbersen
The second book in The Luxe series. The story is about socialites and rich community in
New York in the 19th century. I'm not a fan of historical fiction, but I heard that this is much
like Gossip Girl, and in that case, I do love the intrigues..
12. Envy by Anna Godbersen
The third book in The Luxe series, which I think is not the last book in the series.
Depending on how much I like the series, I might go and buy out the fourth book :)

So.. there you go, the complete list of my splurges for my birthday this year. I feel so happy, like a kid in a candy store :)

Leave a Reply