For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title : Killer Dreams by Iris Johansen

Date Read : 28 - 30 July 2010
Pages : 432 Pages
Ratings : ** (2 out of 5 stars)

This is my 35th book that I read this year, towards my 50 Books A Year goal in 2010. This is also the second book from Iris Johansen that I've read this year, loaned by a friend.

I only gave this book 2 stars. It was just okay for me. Definitely a light read, quick thriller. The story is about a doctor, Sophie Dunston, who is researching a therapy or medicine to cure people from bad dreams and insomnia. It turns out that the therapy actually has a side effect, it makes people go crazy. The research was not fully completed and thus Sophie spends her life running from the pharmaceutical giant head that is trying to capture her to finish the research for them.

The book opens with the scene of Sophie's father killing her mother during a vacation and almost killed her son. When I read the first few pages of the book, i thought wow, this would be good. But towards the middle part, I sort of lost interest in the book.

In short, this book was just okay, if you're looking for some light thriller to read. Not one with a complicated plot twists or anything, just an easy read.


Leave a Reply