For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

I was actually excited to read this book as I enjoyed Fight Club, by the same author, so I had high hopes for this one. However, I was so relieved when I finished reading this book last night. I didn't like this book. The way it's written is a compilation of interviews with the people who knew Rant "Buster" Casey when he was alive.


I gotta say I didn't like the oral biography type that Chuck used to write this book. It's told in the interviews of so many characters I got confused with them.

The topic is actually quite interesting and controversial, much like Palahniuk's other work. This book tells the story of Rant Casey who is a Party Crasher (whatever that means LoL), who enjoys being bitten by bugs (euugghhhhhh...) and is spreading rabies among his community. This book is a bit disturbing in parts.

However, I wouldn't based my judgement on Palahniuk's books based on this one. There are others that receive rave reviews and also the fact that I liked Fight Club, if I happen to come across his other books, I might attempt to read it.

Leave a Reply