For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

For the past 2 months, I've been on a book-buying spree. I've bought countless amounts of books, which makes clutters in my room because as you can see from the previous posts, my one and only bookshelf is already overflowing....


Last month, there was a SALE period for the local bookstores that I go to in my hometown. So that's where all my purchases are coming from. Plus, one of the bookstore is offering a 15% discount on all books anytime of the month using one of the bank's credit card here. So, I just so happens to have that brand of credit card on hand. It doesn't really help much in terms of tidying up my bookshelf or reducing my To-Be-Read pile.. LoL..

Anyway, the books on the picture are my latest splurge, which I bought on Amazon.com... I love Amazon.com.. they have such good deals on books, I just can't resist sometimes.. What I don't like is the shipping and handling charges, which is outrageous if you happen to live in my part of the world. It's CRAZY.. It's as much as the cost of the orders itself... Amazon.com should open a branch in South East Asia, so that it would be easier and cheaper for this part of the world to order books online. I suppose they must be getting quite many orders from here.

And not to mention the time it takes for me to receive the shipment. This one in particular takes around 3 weeks to arrive. I was already worried that it might be lost or someone might have stolen my books.. which would be a disaster to a book addict like me.. LoL.. I was impatiently waiting for my shipment to arrive... And suddenly when I was about to send another email to amazon.com to find out what's going on with my shipment... It's there on the table when I get home from work.. It's finally arrived... Oh Yay... Well, it's not like I don't have anything on stock to read, I have huge To-Be-Read pile... but I'm just happy and excited when it finally arrived.

I then take the shipment, which arrives in a little cardboard box, to my room and slowly opened it up, just like opening up a birthday or Christmas presents... And there they are... the books that I ordered. I now have added the following books to my ever growing pile of to be read books:
  1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  3. The Surgeon by Tess Gerritssen.

Leave a Reply