For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title: The Ideal Wife by Mary Balogh

Read: 9 - 12 July 2010
Pages: 328 pages
Rating: ** (2 out of 5 stars)

One thing about historical romance is that the books usually has a nice cover, which is what attracted me to this book in the first place. A friend of mine lent me this book along with many others.

It's been a long time since I last read historical romance. From memory, I think it must be about 9 - 10 years ago. So, to diversify a bit of the genre of the books that I'm reading, I thought, why not try historical romance.

And as always, it's a boy meet girl story. The Earl of Severn said that he will marry the first plain girl that he sees. Along came Abigail, whose intention at requesting a meeting with the Earl was to get a character reference as she was dismissed from her current employment because the employer thinks she's flirting with the teenage son.

As with other historical romance books, this one is no different. The plots are the same, the character is similar, but it's still an enjoyable read if you're looking for something light to read.

Leave a Reply