For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

I used to watch Gilmore Girls episode on TV, back before the series are available to watch continuously on DVD. It used to air on Sunday at noon in my town. I remember that I diligently waited for the show to air and watched it. I always... well almost always... decline any invitations to go out of the house on Sunday at noon. Everytime there's an invite to go to the mall, I would always say, "After Gilmore Girls".


It is by far, one of my favorite show on TV. Gilmore girls follow the story of Lorelai, who has a child, Rory, when she was only 16 and she's been raising Rory as a single parent until Rory goes to Junior High, which is when the show starts. The story tells the ups and downs of being a single parent, living in a small town, having parents with money. As with most TV Show, there are also some romantic involvements for both Lorelai and Rory.

I've watched Gilmore Girls from the first episode until the last. I was so sad when the series ended. No more stories on Lorelai and Rory, but both character lives on in my memory.

What I like most about this show is that both Lorelai and Rory is so likeable and we can actually relate to the characters. And also, I love the fact that Rory is a book addict and she loves loves loves to read. I remember in one episode, Rory was confused on which book (I mean novel, on top of the text books) she would like to read at school. Like me, Rory brings a novel with her almost everywhere she goes, except on a date I suppose :) And in that episode, Rory not only brought 1 book with her, but she brought several books for different occassion, 1 book for the bus ride and 1 to read at lunch time. Well, I'm not like that. I can't read several books at a time. I always read one book and wait until it finishes before I move on to the next one.

And through goodreads.com, I found out that I'm not alone in my love for the Rory Gilmore characters. Rory attracts other audience who are an avid reader and a book addict. I found a group titled "The Rory Gilmore Book Club" on goodreads and I instantly joined. I was so happy to find that these people are just like me, we love books and we love Rory because she loves books :) And I also found that there is a website that lists all the books that Rory supposedly read.

Imagine That :) I mean, I don't particularly have the same taste in reading as Rory's. But the fact that people devote their sites and times to a fictional character taste in books and reading, is amazing. I would bet that this fictional character even inspired and motivate people to read more. I know she did inspire me to read more books..


Leave a Reply