For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 1 comments


Title : Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson
Pages : 307 pages
Read : 26 - 27 July 2010
Ratings : **** (4 out of 5 stars)

Just look at the book cover.. Doesn't it just make you want to pick it up and read it? It will definitely appeal to all hopeless romantics out there, like me.

The tagline on the cover reads like this, "What if your imaginary friend from childhood is your one true love?" For some reason, just reading this line alone makes me want to sit down and weep.

However, that's not part of the book, that's just my inner romanticism I think. The book is not sad and weepy. It's happy and romantic. It makes me wonder, do all little children have imaginary friends? I, for one, does not even remember if I ever had any. Maybe I don't. But, according to this book, you're not suppose to remember your imaginary friend from childhood. You're supposed to forget him or her after you turn 9 years old. Maybe that's true, I have completely forgotten my imaginary friend. This book definitely started me on imagining what my imaginary childhood friend looked like. I hoped he was handsome, witty and kind as well as a good listener.. Hmmm isn't that the ideal man that all woman dreamed of?

I took a liking to this book from the first chapter. James Patterson has always been a mystery-thriller writer to me, with his Alex Cross series. But he was successful with this romance genre books. At least I loved it. Patterson is an easy, light read. His chapters are usually short and easy to read, if you have limited time during the day, so it's easy to have stops througout the book. However, even though this book has all the short chapter type of Patterson, I still can't put it down.. I finished this book in 2 days with normal working hours and other after office hours activities. I just can't put this book down. I would read it everywhere I can, and even read it late into the night.

This is the kind of books that you can read over and over again when you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick me up. It makes you believe in the power of love and hope, and also faith. It is truly a wonderful and magical story that all you hopeless romantics out there should read at least once!! :)

One Response so far.

  1. vania says:

    excuse me where did you buy the novel in jakarta? can i find it easily on book stores like gramedia?

Leave a Reply