For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 0 comments

Title : Airhead by Meg Cabot

Read : 24 - 25 July 2010
Pages : 337 pages
Rating : *** (3 out of 5 stars)

The question is, What if you were being given the opportunity to change your dreary, boring average life as a teenager to a life of luxury, glamor and richness beyond your imagination?

If you were an average teenager, I would bet that you would say yes. The grass is always greener on the other side.

That is basically the theme of Meg Cabot's Airhead series. Emerson Watts, a 16 year old high school girl's life was suddenly changed when she got hit in the head by a plasma screen at the new Stark Megastore's opening. When she wakes up, she is transformed into a supermodel Nikki Howard, which is the total opposite of what Emerson Watts is as a teenager. Nikki is beautiful, popular, fashionista, mean and most of all, a famous and successful teenage supermodel. Em, on the other hand, is your average teenager, with a boring life, not popular at school, interested in computer games. And Nikki Howard is everything that Emerson Watts hates in a girl. So you can imagine how interesting it would be for Em to live the life of Nikki Howard, the worst of them all...

This is a very light read. It's classified as young adult. I actually managed to finish this book in just 2 days among my other activities. I might be able to finish this book in 1 day if I just stayed at home and didn't do anything and not get distracted by television series. I can't wait to read the second book in this series to follow Emerson Watts being Nikki Howard. An interesting read..


Leave a Reply