For The Love of Books is a blog that I dedicated for my love of books, my everyday journey of reading books, sharing recommendations on books to read and just share a review of what I thought of the books that I've read. And occassionally, there will be some things unrelated to books, but it will mostly be about my love of books.. Enjoy..

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Roses - - 1 comments


I consider myself a book addict, from reading, buying and collecting them. I love to read and I read everywhere and anytime I can. To me, books are a good waiting friend, whenever you're waiting for someone or something or on the road, or even just to past the time, you can never be lonely with a book to keep you company. When I was in school and in college, i used to read more, but nowadays, what with work and other activities, my reading has been really slow.. In average I read only about 30 books a year, and sometimes less.


However, a few months ago, one of my friend, who is also a book lovers, introduced me to a website called Goodreads (www.goodreads.com). This is a social networking site for book lovers around the world. I instantly like this website and I gotta say I'm quite addicted to it. I love books and I love to read and I also like to see what other people are reading to get recommendations. And I also like to know that there are a zillions of people who likes books as much as I do, and for some, even more...

As a result, there's a group thread on Goodreads called "50 books a year" and I was intrigued by the name and I joined the group. It turns out that the group is for people to post their reading challenge to 50 books a year, and I thought, "hey, I might be able to do that, why not?" and when I joined the challenge, it was already March and I found that the books that I've read haven't matched up the challenge, I'm still way behind on my reading.

One of my friends have kindly lent me many of her books for me to read, including all the easy reading chic lit and romance books.

I have then decided to try and create this blog to post on anything to do with books and also on my progress and reviews for the 50 books a year challenge. I hope to be able to reach the goal this year and also for the next two years, to get me motivated to get back to my old reading speed.

One Response so far.

  1. martiehr says:

    i love the paddington bear stamp - where can i get one?

Leave a Reply